Sunday, October 4, 2009

This week I have become totally overwhelmed with working too much while in school. So much so that now that I’m sick, I don’t seem to be able to get over it. I think this is because I’ve been going so long without a break, that my body is forcing me to take some time off.

That’s why I’ve already decided that once I start teaching, I’m taking one day each weekend that I’m not working. I know it’s not entirely realistic, but it’s definitely better for all involved. I will stay much saner, which we all know will benefit the students greatly, as well as anyone who happens to know me at the time, or just comes into contact with me on any given day.

It should be interesting to figure out how that will work, since I love to procrastinate and not get things done. I guess the attempts that I’m making now at getting on top of my work will go toward that.

I think that some time to be oneself is important to being a good teacher. Absence is supposed to make the heart grow fonder, right? So not being in teacher mode every day of the week should help to some degree to keep me going in the whole not getting burned out thing, right?

0 comments: