Sunday, December 6, 2009

I have been really bad about journaling this second half of the semester, which probably isn’t the best thing when one of the writing prompts I have written for class and very much intend to use when I have my own classroom is a weekly blog. How can I actually expect my students to write once a week when I can’t seem to do the same when it’s assigned to me?

I really do believe that writing consistently is the best way to improve one’s writing and learn what does and does not work for an individual style, yet I’ve let other homework and other stresses get in the way of a simple 10 minutes a day that is all it takes to keep active in writing.

Since I’ve been so lax about it this semester I have decided to challenge myself to sit down twice a day to write for at least 10 minutes. This will not only help me to finish the assigned journal entries, but also get something worthwhile up on my personal blog, get me to write regularly again and help me to understand more what I’ll be asking my students to do!

0 comments: